Archive for the 'Flyover' Category

Nine community groups want to be involved in future transport planning

Wellington.Scoop
Nine Wellington community organisations are proposing that they be involved in all future planning for transport projects between Ngauranga and the airport. Read more »

QC to represent Save the Basin group at flyover appeal in High Court

News from Save the Basin
The Save the Basin Campaign Inc has secured the services of Matthew Palmer QC to represent it in the High Court when the NZ Transport Agency appeals against the decision to decline resource consent for a flyover at the Basin Reserve. Read more »

The Transport Agency gets chatty

Wellington.Scoop
The NZ Transport Agency has been sending some strange messages over Labour Weekend. Its Wellington twitter account seemed to have separated itself from the agency’s mission “to create transport solutions for a thriving New Zealand.” Read more »

The Prime Minister was wrong

PM Q+A

Wellington.Scoop
Ill informed and simplistic. That’s the response from the Architectural Centre which has identified incorrect statements about the Basin Reserve flyover decision that were made by the Prime Minister during an interview last Sunday on TVNZ’s Q+A. Read more »

Communities, the council, and the appeal

Wellington.Scoop
The Transport Agency says it wants “certainty” from its appeal against the rejection of its Basin flyover plan. But community groups see things differently. For them it’s not just a legal issue. More importantly it’s the issue of a government organisation trying to impose its will on a city and its communities. Read more »

“Disappointed and frustrated;” campaigners will contest flyover appeal

News from STB
The Save the Basin Campaign has announced that it will be contesting the New Zealand Transport Agency’s appeal against the Board of Inquiry decision to decline resource consent for a Basin Reserve flyover. Read more »

New Cabinet: Simon Bridges takes transport from Gerry Brownlee

BusinessDesk report by Pattrick Smellie
The biggest winner in today’s new Cabinet line-up from Prime Minister John Key is Simon Bridges, who moves from 18th to ninth in the rankings and picks up the politically important transport portfolio from Gerry Brownlee. Read more »

The flyover: whose side is the council on?

Wellington.Scoop
Wellington city councillors don’t seem to have had any involvement with the council’s decision that it will participate in the High Court appeal against the rejection of the Basin Reserve flyover. Read more »

City Council to speak at flyover appeal; wants clarity about District Plan

News from WCC
Wellington City Council Chief Executive Kevin Lavery has submitted notice to the High Court that the Council wishes to be heard in relation to one aspect of the New Zealand Transport Agency’s appeal on its Basin Bridge proposal. Read more »

Such a short tunnel

tunnel walkthru
Twitter photo by Sean Gillespie

by Lindsay Shelton
One thought was obvious as we walked through the new tunnel under Buckle Street this morning. It’s so short. If only it had been extended under Taranaki Street. And under Cuba Street. And under Victoria Street. And under Willis Street. Read more »

Translating the Transport Agency

by PCGM
We’ve all looked at some of the Transport Agency’s pronouncements over recent years and wondered what they really meant. Fear not, we’re here to save the day by translating their latest statement on the Basin Reserve flyover appeal – from High Bureaucratese into Plain English:
Read more »

Flyover appeal – progress and certainty, or confusion and more delays?

by Lindsay Shelton
The Transport Agency, embarrassed by the rejection of its flyover alongside the Basin Reserve, says it’s appealing because the decision could “constrain progress.” Yet for most clear-sighted Wellingtonians a 300-metre-long concrete structure above Kent and Cambridge Terraces would in no way be seen as progress. Quite the contrary. Read more »

Transport Agency appealing against flyover rejection; wants “certainty”

Wellington.Scoop
The NZ Transport Agency today announced its decision to appeal against the rejection of its controversial plan to build a 300-metre concrete flyover alongside the Basin Reserve. Read more »

Wellington mayor wants “fresh approach” for Basin transport planning

Press Release – Wellington City Council
Wellington City Mayor Celia Wade-Brown is urging transport officials to take a fresh approach to transport solutions in the Capital. Read more »

Porirua and Kapiti mayors “applaud” appeal, want continuous traffic flow

Joint news release
Porirua Mayor Nick Leggett and Kapiti Mayor Ross Church have applauded the decision of New Zealand Transport Agency to appeal against the Board of Inquiry’s rejection of the Basin Bridge application. Read more »

Flyover appeal “irresponsible use of taxpayer money,” says councillor

News release from Cr Iona Pannett
Wellington City Councillor Iona Pannett has today called on the New Zealand Transport Agency to end its flyover fixation, after the Agency announced its decision to continue the legal fight over the Basin Reserve project, resulting in many more months of uncertainty for the area. Read more »

Flyover appeal shows Agency’s wounded pride, say campaigners

News release from STB
The Save the Basin Campaign describes a decision by the New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA) to appeal the Board of Inquiry decision declining consent for its proposed Basin Reserve flyover as an indictment of the Agency’s refusal to learn from its mistakes. Read more »

$10.9million – cost (so far) of unsuccessful proposal for Basin flyover

Wellington.Scoop
Radio New Zealand has reported the amount that was spent by the NZ Transport Agency on its unsuccessful plan to build a flyover alongside the Basin Reserve. Figures released to the broadcaster show the government agency spent $10.9million from 2012 until the proposal was declined earlier this year. Read more »

Next Page »