Press Release – FebFast
People who overdid it at the Wellington Sevens this weekend can give their poor livers a break for the rest of February by signing up to febfast.
“The Sevens caps off a busy summer celebration season and many people are looking to give their bodies a break,” febfast coordinator Jackson Wood said.
“febfast is the perfect opportunity to push pause on alcohol and reassess your relationship with booze.
Mr Wood said previous febfasters had reported feeling healthier, having more energy, losing weight, and saving money.
“Nearly two thirds of people who have taken the febfast challenge now have more alcohol-free days every week since completing febfast,” Mr Wood said.
“The benefits of taking a month off booze stay with people for the rest of the year and they feel better for it.”
Registrations are still open for any guilty Sevens fans at www.febfast.org.nz
• Sarah Walker — New Zealand Olympic medal winner, BMX rider
• Ben Crawford — Winner of The Block NZ and Creative brand builder
• Jono Pryor — Radio host, co-host of Jono and Ben at 10, Husband, father, pasty, bald
• Jamie Gough — Christchurch City Councillor and all-round cool guy
• Scott Waldrom — Rugby Player for Taranaki and the Chiefs
• Guy Williams — Comedian, Writer, TV Personality.
• Niki Bezzant — Editor of the Health Food Guide, Sunday Star Times Columnist, food lover.
• Maisey Rika — Songstress, APRA nominated, and Waiata Maori Music Award Winner
• Hamish Coleman-Ross — RadioLIVE producer and host, media mercenary
• Dr Jackie Blue — National Party list MP
• Iain Lees-Galloway — Labour MP for Palmerston North
• Metiria Turei — MP and Co-leader for the Green Party.
Full bios and links to their fundraising pages are here: http://nzdrug.org/febfastambassadors
• 2013 will be the third year the Drug Foundation has run febfast in New Zealand.
• In 2011 febfast raised $107,175 and $107,714 in 2012
• In 2012 over 650 people participated.
• The money raised in 2012 went towards supporting youth alcohol and other drug services across New Zealand.
• The money raised in 2013 will go towards redeveloping the Get the MSG! text information service. More info on Get the MSG is here http://nzdrug.org/febfastfunds
• We have apps! iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/febfast-nz/id581387020?mt=8