News from WCC
The Wellington City Council is considering granting new leases to 12 existing groups on Town Belt land. The proposed new leases are for the following exisiting tenants:
1. Kelburn Municipal Croquet Club Inc at Kelburn Park with a premises lease of 130m²
2. Wellington Softball Association at Softball Pavilion and surrounds, Hataitai Park with a premises lease of 352m²
3. Island Bay Softball Inc and Island Bay United Association Football Club Inc at Wakefield Park with a ground lease of 260m²
4. Kilbirnie Tennis Club Inc at Crawford Road, Kilbirnie with a ground lease of 2,970m²
5. The Scout Association of NZ-Southern Cross at Rugby League Park with a ground lease of 211m²
6. The Scout Association of NZ-1st Island Bay Group off Dover St, Martin Luckie Park with a ground lease of 186m ²
7. The City of Wellington Pipe Band at Macalister Park with a ground lease of 285m²
8. Netball Wellington Centre Inc at Taurima St, Hataitai Park with a ground lease of 430m²
The various areas outlined above form part of the Town Belt. If approved, the provisions of the Town Belt Deed, the Town Belt Management Plan and the Reserves Act 1977 will apply.
New leases for existing groups on land held under the Reserves Act 1977:
9. Makara Branch of Wellington Pony Club Inc at Makara Cemetery with a ground (grazing) lease of 211,866m²
10. The Scout Association of NZ-Newlands Group at Spenmoor St Reserve with a ground lease of 2,700m²
11. Makara Community Centre Association Inc at 29 South Makara Rd, Makara Village Reserve with a ground lease of 2,700m²
12. Capital BMX Club Inc, Ian Galloway Park, Karori with a ground lease of 8,000m²
If approved, the provisions of the Reserves Act 1977 will apply.
If you have any objections or would like to make a submission:
email firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
Wellington City Council
PO Box 2199
All submissions must be received by 5pm on Friday 4 October 2013.