Arson in Porirua: kitchen set on fire in Champion Street

News from NZ Police
Porirua Police are investigating an arson that occurred early yesterday morning. An occupant of a house in Champion Street discovered that her kitchen was on fire.

“The occupant of a house in Champion Street went to use the toilet and discovered that her kitchen was ablaze,” said Detective Sergeant Christiaan Barnard..

After raising the alarm, she and another two people escaped without serious injuries. The fire was extinguished by the Fire Service.

The fire was limited to the kitchen area, which suffered smoke damage.

Police are seeking sightings of suspicious behaviour around the corner of Hereford Street and Champion Street, including in the park area next to Cannons Creek School.

If anyone has any information about this incident, they should contact the Porirua Police on 04 238 1400. Alternatively, information can be provided anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.

 

No comments yet.

Write a comment: