Press Release: Paul Blomfield
A city-wide pulp-culture festival NZ Comic Con will be held in Wellington from July 17th to 19th next year, for the first time in New Zealand, aiming to capture the hearts of geeks, superheroes and villains.
Featuring gaming, comics, animations, music and theatre, this all-new festival will be a citywide experience as never seen before; taking place over three days and nights.
With stacks of interactive activities in the areas of comics, gaming, animations and music, NZ Comic Con will stimulate both the mind and body with a variety of super-cool events.
NZ Comic Con will be at the heart of the prominent Wellington Armageddon Expo, contributing to its well established popularity with a unique new angle of charm and wit.
“A massive variety of events has been scheduled, with even more to be announced over the next 6 months,” says Beyond Reality Media Director William Geradts.
“NZ Comic Con is going to turn Wellington into New Zealand’s capital of Geekdom in a way that Kiwis have never experienced before – we’re going to provide Wellingtonians with a truly unforgettable experience,” he says.
The taste of fantasy that NZ Comic Con will bring to the windy city will include:
• Armageddon Expo Wellington: A 3-day pulp culture expo at the Westpac Stadium celebrating Armageddon Expo’s15th consecutive year in Wellington.
• Pop Culture Gallery: A 3-day gallery event featuring artwork from some world-class New Zealand comic creators and more.
• Horror House: An R16 house of terror that won’t be for the faint hearted – it promises to leave you covered in blood and full of adrenaline.
• Opening Party and After Party: Let NZ Comic Con begin, and end with massive NZ Comic Con party bangs!
• Bar Crawls: Accompany celebrity guests here for the event around Wellington on the official bar crawl, tasting the best in local craft beers.
• Scavenger Hunt: A Wellington wide adventure to search for hidden treasures and special trails.
• Quiz Night: A pulp culture and quiz night aficionado’s dream. Prizes and more!
• Cosplay Photo Shoots: Your opportunity to shine in front of the camera as you work alongside international cosplayers, local photographers and contestants, taking photos in locations across Wellington.
• Art Contest: Open to all of New Zealand for artworks and judged by international artists.
• Operation LAN: An epic gaming LAN held in the heart of Wellington city.
• The Beyond Belief Mindreading Show: A highly interactive comedy that will dig deep into your mind and reveal your darkest secrets with a hilarious twist!
• The HypnoMental Comedy Hypnosis Show: See men give birth to space alien babies then rap in Japanese while the ladies drag race and pick up their dream dates for starters.
• The Laughter Games: Takes after The Hunger Games, but completely overrides it with fresh and exciting new rules, featuring international and local comedians with a definite pulp culture slant.
If all that’s not enough, NZ Comic Con is still in the planning stages to bring many more events and Hollywood talent to the festival. A massive event not to be missed by Beyond Reality Media, creators of the Armageddon Expo.
To keep up with updates on the events of the festival visit www.ComicCon.co.nz
NZ Comic Con is New Zealand operated and organised. It has no connection to San Diego Comic-Con International.